Friday, October 16, 2009

Fine Art Photo - Updates

It has been some time between posts but here finally is an update.

Within the last week I signed on with the newly established Jennifer Katz Gallery here in Newport Beach. Jennifer has a solid background in Fine Art Photography having worked for Peter Fetterman and several East Coast galleries. When her web site is launched I will post the link.

I also entered into an agreement with Calumet Photographic yesterday for a Solo Exhibition at the Santa Ana store this coming January. The two month long exhibition will feature approximately 20 prints and I will also make a formal announcement for that opening when we establish the date.

This past Spring the Photo World lost one of its greatest historians and story tellers with the passing of Bill Jay. I studied under Bill at Arizona State and he was kind enough to write the afterword for my Santa Anita book. I definately lost a mentor with his passing but luckily he was a proflific writer, as well as a good photographer, and left behind enough material that I can still tap in to his spirit when I need some extra motivation. I trust he is sitting around with Ansel, Stieglitz, and the rest of the greats debating images as I type this. He was the best.

No comments: