Thursday, November 12, 2009

Back home after a weekend in Chicago. Warm weather there in November, go figure. Chicago is my favorite city to photograph in. As a street photographer, or documentary photographer, or whatever label you want to give me and my work, this city has it all. Great architecture, interesting people on the streets, and some of the best light. I can't explain it but it works for me. I like NYC as well but it often seems that the buildings are so tighly packed in there that you don't get the same quality of light there. People are interesting and lots of images to be had that can make a statement about the world, but Chicago just seems to have a little more room to work in.

I didn't get in to the City during the day but my D3 was amazing with available light at night down by the river and Michigan Avenue. I know with the technological advances there are pros and cons, but I was reaping the benefits of them this weekend.

No comments: